Kiln booking terms & conditons
- Kiln bookings must be made in advance.
- Kiln bookings are made on a first-come first-served basis and kilns are therefore not guaranteed available on any particular date.
- Work needs to be dropped off at and picked up from the studio. (To ensure your work arrives at our studio unbroken, we recommend that you transport raw clay while it is leather hard rather than bone dry. We can offer the use of our drying cupboard where your work can be dried prior to firing).
- A technician’s charge (usually £15) will be included in your quote.
- Firings cannot be carried out overnight.
- For health and safety reasons studio equipment may only be operated by qualified studio members.
- The electricity used in all firings is metered. Prices displayed above are based on the average expected electricity usage. If the firing is much longer than usually expected (if the work is not dry or is unusually thick-walled) extra charges may apply.
- As there are a myriad of factors which can affect the final outcome of the work after firing (including construction technique, drying times and stresses during transport) the Glasgow Ceramics Studio can not be held responsible for any unsatisfactory results.
- Although every effort is made for accuracy on this site, kiln charges may vary at studio discretion. If in doubt, please ask for confirmation of the price at the time of making the booking.