Kiln booking terms & conditons
- All kiln bookings must be made in advance.
- All kiln bookings must be made initially through our kiln booking request form.
- We will provide you with a quote for your firing and this payment is required upfront and before your firing takes place. Please note that that there may be extra charges due ontop of the original payment, for example, should you bring more work than agreed, or your firing takes longer than expected because your work is not quite dry or has extra thick walls.
- Kiln bookings are made on a first-come first-served basis and kilns are therefore not guaranteed available on any particular date.
- Work needs to be dropped off at and picked up from the studio. To ensure your work arrives at our studio unbroken, we recommend that you transport raw clay while it is leather hard rather than bone dry. We can offer the use of our drying cupboard where your work can be dried prior to firing.
- A technician’s charge (starting at £15) will be included in your quote.
- Firings cannot be carried out overnight.
- For health and safety reasons studio equipment may only be operated by qualified studio members.
- The electricity used in all firings is metered. Prices displayed on our kiln hire page are based on the average expected electricity usage. We will always provide a quote beforehand and you are required to pay before your firing takes place. However, if the firing is much longer than expected (for example, if the work is not dry or is unusually thick-walled), extra charges may apply.
- Although every effort is made for accuracy on this site, kiln charges may vary at studio discretion. If in doubt, please ask for confirmation of the price at the time of making the booking.
The Glasgow Ceramics Studio cannot be held responsible for any unsatisfactory results due to construction technique, inadequate drying times and/or preliminary bisque firings, stresses during transport, unknown glaze chemistry, additions to the clay, and clay suitability for the firing atmosphere and temperature requested.