Glasgow Ceramics Studio is committed to respecting your privacy.
Who we are
Glasgow Ceramics Studio is a trading name of Glasgow Ceramics Studio LLP, registered in Scotland. Our registered office is
77 Hanson Street, Glasgow, G31 2HF
Our website address is: https://www.glasgowceramicstudio.com
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us in writing to the address above or via our email email@example.com. Please use the subject heading for your enquiry as ‘Data Protection Policy’.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, IP address, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, email address or postal address.
What Personal Information do you collect about me?
When you are on our website and carry out actions such as the following:
- Create an Open Access members booking account
- Make an Open Studio booking
- Making a kiln booking request
- Sign up to our newsletter, or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Correspond with us, by phone, email, via contact form, or in person.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- IP address
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Encrypted password
- Email correspondence records
- Information provided in service request forms or contact forms (e.g., kiln booking form, studio space applications, open access bookings)
- Cookies – see our cookies page.
What is done with this information?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your bookings or orders. We use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address, and payment details) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of your bookings.
- To provide customer support. If you contact us, we will use your identification information to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We’ll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up to date.
- Marketing. If you sign up for any of our mailing lists (not including our tutor mailing lists) we will use your information to notify you of classes or special events that may be of interest to you. This is generally by email.
How long will you keep my information?
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active until you opt out from specific lists.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information whilst making an enquiry, taking out a membership, applying for residency/intern status, booking a kiln, or any other transaction or service request with the Studio, we consider that you have given consent for the Studio to contact you to assist or deliver your request. When you sign up for our Studio newsletter you are asked to consent to us contacting you via email.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you sign up to our newsletter, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent, usually through the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter. We will stop sending you our newsletters, and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted. Alternatively you may opt-out by contacting us via our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any financial transaction data will be maintained as required by law.
We will only disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you, e.g., we provide your name to a tutor or intern, where necessary.
Third-party providers, website links and marketing
We do not use third-party providers, however we do provide links to social media sites (Facebook, Instagram), these third parties most likely use cookie functionality should you click on their links. We are also not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites we may link to.
We will never pass your personal data on to any advertising networks or third parties.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our website only uses a few ‘strictly necessary’ cookies, and one ‘functional’ cookie. These are the most basic cookies and used in order that our website functions correctly. Strictly necessary cookies are classified as cookies that must be present in order for the website to function correctly, and we are not obliged to request consent for them. Our one ‘functional’ cookie sets the language – EN (English), used on our website.
None of our cookies collect any personally identifiable or sensitive information from you and nor do they track your browsing activity across other sites. We do not use Google analytics, Google Ads, or any other third-party analytics applications, or marketing or re-marketing. For this reason we ask you to ‘accept’ our cookies when you first visit our website.
It is considered best practice to inform website users of the cookies used and functions allocated to them. You can find out exactly which cookies we use on our-cookie page.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Questions and contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us by email or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.