Glasgow Ceramics Studio is committed to respecting your privacy.
Who we are
Glasgow Ceramics Studio is a trading name of Glasgow Ceramics Studio LLP, registered in Scotland. Our registered office is
77 Hanson Street, Glasgow, G31 2HF
Our website address is: https://www.glasgowceramicstudio.com
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us in writing to the address above or via our email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject heading for your enquiry as ‘Data Protection Policy’.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, email address or postal address.
What Personal Information do you collect about me?
When you browse our website or carry out actions such as the following:
- Create a customer account
- Make a booking
- Sign up to our mailing list or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Correspond with us, by phone, email or in person.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Email address
- Phone or mobile number
- Encrypted password and payment information
- Email correspondence records
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, referring URL and operating system.
- Information provided in service request forms or contact forms (e.g., firing booking form and studio space applications)
- Cookies – for more information see below.
What is done with this information?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your bookings or orders. We use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address, and payment details) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of your bookings.
- To provide customer support. If you contact us, we will use your identification information to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We’ll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up to date.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Fraud Prevention. To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites.
- Marketing. If you consent, we will use your information to notify you of classes or special events that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email. We ask for your consent, where required by applicable law, to use the contact details you have provided to us to send personalised marketing communications. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these services.
How long will you keep my information?
- Customer and order information will be kept securely on our system until you ask us to remove it.
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active until you opt out from specific lists.
- Cookies – please refer to the section below for more information on cookies and cookie duration.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, it is considered a contractual necessity.
If we ask for your personal information for marketing purposes, e.g., to offer you special discounts, we will request your consent explicitly, if not already granted.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, if you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent to marketing communications. Marketing will be terminated, and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted.
Any financial transaction data will be maintained as required by law.
You may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link on our newsletter emails, contacting us via our email email@example.com, or mailing us at the address given in the “Who We Are” section above.
We will only disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you, e.g., we provide your name to a tutor or intern, where necessary.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
When you click on links on our website they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
When you first land on our website we give you the option as to whether you reject all, accept some, or accept all of our cookies, along with a time scale allowing us to keep cookies set by our website. You may also update or revoke your consent at any time by clicking on the Cookie button on the left hand side of our website.
We use the most basic cookies to make our website work properly and load quickly. We do not use Google analytics, Google Ads, or any other third-party analytics applications that might store your website visit information.
Third party functions
Our site does include links to social media sites (Facebook, Instagram), these third parties may use cookie functionality should you click on their links.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Questions and contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact us by email or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.